Saturday, August 7, 2010

Got Falshlight?

Dad does not go anywhere without a flashlight. Part of his morning routine of getting dressed is either putting a small flashlight in his front pocket or hanging one on his belt from the leather strap he has added to it.

A few nights ago at about 9:30, dad was feeling a little caged and wanted to go for a ride. I was already in my jammies and didn't really want to change, but remembered I needed to pick up a prescription a Walgreen's and could use the drive through.

As I was getting shoes on and grabbing my keys and wallet, dad disappeared into his room. I thought he was getting a bottle of water and waited a bit, but he never came back out. Dad is always happy to run errands or go for a ride and doesn't usually forget, but I went to check on him anyway. When I got to his bedroom, I found him standing there with his belt undone trying to get the strap of a flashlight over the buckle. The thing was...he already had a flashlight hanging from the other side of his belt.

At first I was going to say something, but just as I was deciding not to he realized he now had two flashlights. He grabbed one in each hand, looked up at me with a grin and said, "You can never be too prepared."

No comments:

Post a Comment