Monday, September 20, 2010

All my bags are packed...

Lately when dad asks when we are going to California I remind him that we were just there last month. I feel bad reminding him about something he has no memory of happening, so on Saturday when he asked, I told we had just been down for a visit, but would probably be going again in November for Thanksgiving.

Yesterday after church he asked, "Where am I going...?" I told him that it was Sunday, so we didn't have plans to go anywhere. He seemed okay with that answers, so I started making dinner and he went to his room to change out of his church clothes.

As dinner was cooking, I sat down at the computer to check Facebook and my sisters blog, then started playing some games...it's amazing how much time you can waste on the computer and not realize it.

Anyway, I was sitting there at the computer when all of a sudden, dad's face comes around the corner....lately, when dad's got a question that he's embarrassed to ask out loud he gets really close to your face so he can whisper. I looked up startled and dad asked. "Where am I going?" I told him it was Sunday and we didn't have plans to go anywhere. That answer wasn't what he was looking for, so he said, "I know, but why am I packing a suitcase? Where am I going?"

When I went into his room with him, he had started packing ALL his belongings into a suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment