Monday, April 18, 2011

"Hello"

Dad's sleeping habits are changing. He used to stay up 'til all hours of the night puttering around in his room and then sleep until about 1:00 the next day, but lately he's been saying he was ready for bed at about 10:00 and is quite often in bed by 11:30. He still sleeps in a bit, but is usually up and dressed by 10 or 11:00. Except for sometimes...the thing that's changed is that now on the nights that he is up late (last night he was up until midnight), he is also up early!

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, so at 6:00 I called in to work and left a message that I would be late. Just as I was falling back to sleep I heard dad...he was up at 6:30 calling "Hello?" He forgets that this is my house and thinks we are at a hotel and calls out to see where everyone is. Sometimes I can tell him we are still in bed and he should try sleeping for another hour. Today when I called down to him he went back into his room, but was back out 20 minutes later..."Hello?"

No comments:

Post a Comment