Monday, May 23, 2011

New Shoes?

I received an email from Norman today with this little note:

One cute story for the Poway stay: I woke him up one day and we started the day well. When he was definitely "up" I went back to getting myself fully ready. When I returned to the living room I saw him sitting serenely, looking like he'd finished before I did. On closer inspection, though, rather than wearing his own shoes he was wearing the size 14 near-new boots I had put in the entryway for Brandon, who wears the same size I do. Dad, however, wears a 10 or 10.5! They looked like clown boots on him. Best of all, when I pointed out the problem, Dad said with a twinkle in his eye, "But I like these! I'll just try them out today. Might make my feet grow some."

One thing this disease has not taken away from dad is his sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment