Monday, October 3, 2011

Are You Sisters?

We had quite a bit of family in town last weekend, because Suzy's son Spencer was sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on Friday, September 23rd to his beautiful bride Nikki, and then on Wednesday the 28th her son Brandon went into the MTC. It was fun having so much family around...I love getting to spend time with my family. We always have a good time. Dad did pretty good too. He gets confused with the grand kids and has to be reminded who they are and which one of his kids they belong to, but he even forgets my name quite often.

Suzy stayed in town to do some more pre-mission shopping and take Brandon to the MTC, but Brent and Robby needed to get back home for school. Tuesday evening we went out to dinner as a last hurrah for Brandon. At dinner, Suzy and I sat across the table from dad. I hadn't noticed him staring at us at first, but just as I noticed he asked, "Are you sisters?" In unison we answered, "Yes." Just as we answered him, you could see him get a glimmer of recognition as he said, "And I'm your dad?" I love seeing that glimmer in his eye...I don't see it so much lately.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that glimmer a couple times down there, too. It was great to see you and your family, and everyone! I wish we lived closer! Thanks for posting, so that we can feel near.

    ReplyDelete