Monday, November 5, 2012

Dad seems to be getting more and more confused every day. He continues to have a hard time completing a sentence, because he either forgets the word he wants or just can't keep the thought in his head long enough to finish his sentence. There have been a couple of days when he didn't even get out of bed, except to eat. He wouldn't want to change, so he'd come out to eat in his pj's then go back in his room and lay back down as soon as he was done eating. Dressing is beginning to be harder for him also, not so much because he can't do it as much as he forgets what he's doing while in the middle of getting dressed. There have also been a few times when he has tried to put his pajama bottoms on like a shirt. 

Yesterday was a good day though. He was able to get dressed for church without too much help. Dad needed to go to the bathroom between meetings, so he and Eli were a little late coming in to Sacrament meeting. The opening hymn and prayer were both over before they sat down with us. 

Then today I received the following message on facebook from a friend. "Michelle, I just wanted to share something that really touched me yesterday. As usual, we were sitting in our back of the chapel pew :) and Eli and your Dad walked into the chapel during the song. Your Dad immediately started singing the song, as he knew the words. That alone touched me, that he remembered the words to the song, but then the opening prayer was said. He stopped, right where he was, bowed his head and remained there until the prayer was done. I'm not sure why it touched me so much, but it did. I know he struggles, and that just kind of hit me. Thought I would share it with you. :)"

Even though he forgets my name and the fact that I'm his daughter, he continues to be an example to me of what it means to have the Gospel engrained into your very being.

No comments:

Post a Comment